Cultural Radar


The article i read is about Alison Balsom, she is an award-wimming classical trumpeter. Alison born in Hertfordshire in 1978 and has been playing the trumpet since she was seven years old. Her debut album was released in 2002; she won Best Female Artist at the 2009 and 2011 Classical Brit awards.

In cultural highlights by her, she talks about painting, concert, film, garden, book and food. Of these aspects, the ones that caught my attention were film and book. The film she's talking about is "Anatomy of a Fall", I saw this movie in the summer of this year and it was nominated for the Oscars of this year, It's a really good movie with a unfinished end and has a very good acting dog. Regarding the book, she mentions that she is fascinated by how the author writes about neurodiversity and ADHD. This caught my attention since I was a person diagnosed with ADHD.

Thinking that I might be one of "The Guardian" people, I'm also going to share the things that are currently on my cultural radar.

Cinema:  

I'm currently trying to watch several movies a month, and I have a list of all the releases I want to see this year. My last trips to the cinema were to see Alien 7, Coraline, and The Raven. I want to see are Beetlejuice and Nosferatu.

Technology:  

I'm starting to enter the Samsung ecosystem with the devices I use daily, it's impressive how everything works so well together.

Food:  

There is an Italian food place in Providencia called "Pastas la Ruffina". I love their pasta, it's really delicious and reasonably priced.

Music:  

I bought tickets to see Twenty One Pilots and the Beer Festival. I also want to buy a ticket for Stray Kids if they come to Chile, they're the latest group I’m obsessed.

K-Beauty:  

I'm purchasing most of my skincare and makeup products directly from Korea. It's fascinating how the formulations and finishes of the products differ.

I know not all of these categories are intellectual culture, but this is what makes up my daily life right now.

Comentarios

  1. Great post. You have some interesting things on your cultural radar:)

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares